Saturday, February 2, 2013

Swap.com

I want to let you know about this awesome website called swap.com, formerly, swaptree.com. Once upon a time this was my favorite website, I haven't used it lately. What it is, is a grand website where you can trade the the things that you don't need anymore for the things that you want, pretty awesome in my book. This website started out as a site where you could only trade books, movies, Cd's, and other media, but the company has grew and now you can trade all that, plus kids' toys. I haven't used it since the upgrade, so I'm not sure how you trade the toys. If you want to trade media however, you take the ISBN number, the number under the bar code on the back of your media, and you enter it in the site. The site then searches every member that is looking for that particular book and allows you to trade with something that they have. You can also enter the things that you want and see the things that you need in order to swap for that particular media. The site is free, the only thing that you pay is whatever it costs to ship your media to the person your trading with. When you go to the post office just ask to ship by media mail, which is pretty self explanatory, and that (depending on how heavy the item is) is usually cheaper than sending it by regular mail. Keep in mind though, media mail can only be used to ship media. I visited the website today and it had a message at the bottom of the screen that said the website was discontinued on December of 2012, but considering that it sent me to the shop when I clicked on it, I decided to let you guys know. I'm going to do more research on the site and see if it will be back. If so, I'll let you know. This website is definitely worth looking at though if you are big into music, reading or even watching movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment